Monday, July 6, 2009

Changes

I need some.

I want to get a "real" job - one that is actually in my field of study, and one that I don't have to be a student to keep...because I won't be a student forever, hopefully. I don't care if it isn't the exact job I have in mind, just something to get me started.

Or, and this would come a little further in the future than getting the steady job I think, would be to go to grad school. But in order to do that I have to have a definite plan of what I want to do, and what I need to study, because you don't just go to grad school for kicks. And I seem to be out of definite plans. In fact, the last definite plans [about my future] I made were in 2004. And they were not as definite as I thought they were.

I know I do need to get out of this town.

I could go to Chicago...but it gets way too cold in the winter for my taste. That is the only drawback I have as of now for that choice.

I have a few others, but mostly for now I am keeping it close to home.

Short term plans:
leave work
get the car
go to dance class (tango was moved from tuesdays to mondays)
watch Stargate Atlantis (maybe?)

I realized on Sunday that I was horribly antisocial the entire 3-day weekend, as all my time was spent either cleaning, reading in my bedroom, or watching Atlantis (with my mom). There were brief periods where I went outdoors to go for a run on Friday, and a walk on Sunday. Also botched July 4 plans with parents due to rain.

oops time to go.

ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment