Hello,
So it has been a couple of weeks. The first Monday afternoon I believe it was I went with the group from Tömer to Anıtkabir, which is Atatürk's mausoleum.
That Friday, the day of my first post here, I went with a bunch of people to a hamam that was oh, a few centuries old...and super awesome.
mostly I've been wandering around either on my own or with friends, Turkish and American. My host family is great, parents are nice and 18 and 14 year old sisters are super awesome. Saturday I went with 2 American friends and a Turkish friend to a nearby village that has a lot of restored Ottoman buildings and houses, and we toured one Ottoman museum/house..hid under awnings like cats during rain showers until we discovered we could drink chai or coffee, and moved to a hole-in-the-wall place for hot drinks, and strolled the bazaar.
More details later, along with pictures. Laters!!
-V
No comments:
Post a Comment