Monday, September 19, 2011

The Mean Reds

"The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?" -Breakfast at Tiffany's


Too bad there's no TIffany's store nearby...actually it's for the best, I'd just end up buying things ;)


I really want to watch that movie, maybe tomorrow...but probably not, there's just so much work to do.  This summer feels like a dream...was I really in Turkey? wow, yea, I was. 
I hate and love being in grad school; on the one hand I constantly feel like I'm in the middle of an olympic swimming pool with weights on my ankles and no flotation device to speak of, and miles to go before I can really rest, but on the other hand...idk, I guess the people are cool ;), and it provides you with [really] good opportunities (not to mention those which come post-graduation).


But there's SO MUCH work.  if only work were cake...ah, we'd all be super fat, but then gym's would roll in the dough...literally and figuratively speaking. hahaha, puns are fun. (man, whaaat?)


I don't think I'm necessarily just anxious about school, though, sure it's a factor but there are other forces at play. One which I can't go into here at the moment (even though nobody reads this...that's ok, though, then i'd be self-conscious and never post, so i'd lose my following, ooh, my having a following  is a paradox by nature! yes!! rock)


So the other forces at play.  Well, I've had serious wanderlust lately.  Whoever invented that term is both a poetic genius (it has a nice ring, no?), and lame.  I want to go places, everywhere, that's all.  I don't want to stay here, but I don't know where I'd want to stay.  There are so many places to see, and here I am, in my apartment at my desk, (not) doing homework...only to have to devote more time inside at my desk doing homework later.  because delaying the inevitable doesn't make it go away.  Besides, some of that homework may get me a ticket to Amsterdam.  (I'm really hoping here)


On a completely unrelated note, I am building up my wardrobe for Halloween...it's a secret what i'll be! (well, i've told some people, but it's a secret from YOU! ahaha) :D


Oof, I need a beer. and a TARDIS would be nice...until that comes, beer will do - beer and reading ^__^ 

1 comment: