Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Chasing beauty"

I copied this from another person's blog, that I've been reading..uh, kind of a lot of for the past 2 days (when I should have been studying..oops!)
This is a list of the sensations (touch, smell, sound, sight, taste) that "transport" you, I took it as things that make me feel infinite (if you've read "The Perks of Being a Wallflower").

sight:
the ocean
lots of books
old furniture
city lights on wet pavement at night
sunrise
Victorian and Renaissance architecture
stars/constellations..stargazing

smell:
a candle I bought 2 summers ago, smells like Currant & Tea
new buildings
summer
my rosary from Rome made from actual rose petals
Christmas (pork, a lit fireplace, and pine tree)
the ocean
really old buildings
coffee beans
the way my grandma's room used to smell
new plastic
incense (the kind they still use in some Catholic churches - especially during Easter)
bonfires/fireplace

taste:
That first 'pop' when you bite into a juicy hot dog or sausage
fried plantains
a perfect bing cherry
coca-cola (ice cold - no ice)
cafe con leche in the morning with toast or bread
Nutella
flan

sound:
"here comes the sun" - the Beatles
"sound of pulling heaven down" - blue october
"Carol of the Bells" (esp by the trans siberian orchestra)
my mom playing the piano
the ocean (ok, so I like the ocean.)
Pérez Prado
Incubus
Bebop
Trans Siberian Orchestra
Mozart
Bach
Tchaikovsky

touch:
when it's really hot outside and you exit a very air-conditioned building, that wall of heat that just hits you...i really like that. I just always have.
suede
silk
cool piano keys -that first touch before you really start playing

I want to add:
feel:
freshman and sophomore (and 1st half of junior) years of college
family
home
my cousin's house
being with my friends
Church
my first Confession - afterwards
bonfires
waltzing

3 comments:

  1. Ok. I need to read that book. I love your list =)

    Readings for Christmas vacation:
    1. Perks of being a wallflower
    2. The Eyre Affair (i just friggin love this book!)
    3. Lost in a good book (sequel!)
    4. One for the money.

    So much goodness ^____________^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe I know! too much goodness..I need to finish the 2 books I'm reading now before I start anything else:

    1. Inferno
    2. Time Travel in Einstein's Universe
    and I want to read another book this break...I'm not sure yet which one that will be though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. did you see Nutella on my list? it's true. it's soooooo good! remember that time where that was the staple of my diet for like an entire week? mmmmm. rofl

    ReplyDelete