Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finalized

I just turned in not 1/2 an hour ago the LAST PAPERS in the Study Abroad application process. This list was about as long as my arm in things to be done and papers to be filled out and completed. And now I'm done!

The course approvals, what I just turned in, required 3 signatures. While I was waiting for my academic adviser to finish with a meeting I started talking with another guy in the waiting room, who, as it turns out, is also going to Bilbao and needed his course approval sheet to be signed (procrastinators unite!). He's really nice, but I forget his name. It's truly appalling how bad I am with names, but at least now I'll know the face of one other person going.

My host sister e-mailed me a couple days ago, and sent pictures of her and her mom. They seem like really nice people and we exchanged a couple e-mails. I'm actually not too nervous, I don't think I'll have many problems. However I've been reading up on politics and stuff about the Basque region since that's where I'll be staying, and there has been some action lately with all the Basque rebels. The French police arrested the leader of their group, as he was suspected of shooting 2 French cops in December; so of course the rebels weren't too happy about that. The authorities also think this guy they arrested is responsible for a car bomb in Madrid back in 2006.

I doubt I'll have any problems. All this turmoil has been going on for a while and previous Americans who have studied there were able to avoid the riots and everything without trouble.

All that aside, I'm pretty freaking excited. And that might be the understatement of the year. I don't think I've stopped smiling all afternoon! haha :D

Time to work. Ciao-ciao!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm SO excited for you! What an adventure you're going on. (I'm already imagining the mountains, the food, the music...)

    Take a thousand photos. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tangobaby,

    Thanks! I definitely plan on taking TONS of pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever made macaroni and cheesebroth? It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete