Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What? 2 posts in 1 day?!

I just got back from my dance class, every bar pretty much everywhere is PACKED because tonight is the semifinal for our fútbol team. We are winning so far. I am watching from the comfort of this wonderful warm living room because no way was I going into a packed bar with my dancing clothes on.

And since I just came from dance class, and am in the dancing mood...

I will post about 2 dancing experiences!

Since the weekend before Ash Wednesday, and...last Sunday has been Carneval season here. I mentioned going out the first Saturday of the festivities, dancing in the crowded plaza filled with Pirates, Victorian Transvestites, and a walking mamogram, among many, many other things like giant strawberries. (I do have pictures...I´m not sure if I got the mamogram-man, though. That weekend was a lot of fun, and when the band played the Mexican Hat Dance, the torero (bull-fighter) in my group of friends threw his hat on the ground and we all danced around it!

The next week was pretty much normal, and then last weekend there was a costume ball at a hotel behind one of the cathedrals downtown. My dance teacher told me about it, I think it was put on by his dance class where he is a student...because there were a LOT of really good dancers, and his teacher was there. But I went with him, his wife, and another woman from my class, it was great; there was a costume competition with 2 categories: best group costume, and best couple costume. I don´t remember who won the couple competition, but the group that won was the Gypsy wedding. That´s right, gypsy weddings are quite the spectacle my friend, this group did a procession (more or less) and everything. It was...amazing, I think half the room almost died of laughter.

My teacher and his wife went as Romeo and Juliet. I think they win cutest couple of the century award. I didn´t even know he was married until that night (he doesn´t wear a ring on the ring finger) but seeing them interact...and dance! All I can say is, "I want ooooone"

Anyways, now I´m going to watch the game!

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. And where are the pictures?! We need to see all of this revelry. You are doing your schoolwork, too? Or just dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, my camera´s battery had died that evening so I had to leave it home charging on the night of the costume ball. poor planning on my part, I know.
    But I do have pictures of the first weekend, they will be posted shortly!

    and I DO do schoolwork...but usually I don´t have that much (now that I did plan well ^_^).

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just lost the game. -_-
    Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete