
A friend and I went to see the circus last night. Not just any circus, though, we saw Cirque du Soleil. The production Varekai is in town, and we decided to go all out and get really good tickets, and boy did we ever. We were sitting in the middle section, 5th row back.
I don´t remember anything really special about the circus as a child, but I remember going..at least once to it, and I remember it being smelly..and going in one of the big tents, but nothing about the show. Last night was the complete opposite. There were obviously no animals, and the acrobatics..wow. It was amazing.
The flying hoops guys went right over our heads, and it felt like when the people on stage looked out into the audience, they were looking right at me, and the girl I went with felt the same. The costumes and make-up alone were beyond impressive.
There was a guy who we are 99.9% sure had no legs, but prosthetics instead, because he was the only one that didn´t have tights, he never got rid of his crutches, and oh yea, when he did his super awesome moves...you could tell his legs were..not...legs. But wow.
And there was a section where they did Georgian dance that included lots of spinning and seemingly impossible jumps to and from knees with super cool outfits..and...the same Russian group (because looking on the list of all the guys who did that..they are all Russian, Georgian, or Kazakhstany) did a Russian swing thing where they are basically on this giant swing, swinging reeeeaaaally high, and jumping off, doing flips and stuff, then either landing on some guy´s shoulder or going past that guy (who, is also standing on another guy´s shoulders...yea.) to a netting thing like they have at the end of inflatable obstacle courses to "land" in that.
Oh yea, but I was saying, that same russian group also did another number where, among other things, they are propped on this ramp on their back, head to the ground, and feet sticking up in the air, and another guy jumps up onto their feet, are either standing or on their back, and then flip..a lot. It is impossible to describe. Youtube it. Varekai.
Also, well, the main plot is about Icarus, and how when he falls he goes into the hole of a volcano, and all of this is supposed to take place there. The guy playing Icarus falls in love with a little green thing (who later we find out is a crazy-good contortionist).
But the guy playing Icarus..is probably the most beautiful boy ever. Remember Lord of the Rings´ Legolas? and Twilight´s Edward?
They don´t hold a flame. It´s true. He could be an elf in disguise, I would not be surprised, and his (
freaking-awesome) net acrobatics were impressive to say the leastThere was also a really funny magician routine. It was great. Every part of it. I am listening to the sound track right now. :)
Ok, that is all for now. Go to the circus. be a kid, my friend and I were definitely converted into little girls again last night ooh-ing and aawww-ing the entire freaking time, and "oh wow did you see that!?" or "look at that green thing up there!"
They also got a standing ovation and lots of whistles and shouts (many of which came from me..the shouts, since i can´t whistle loudly, lol) which is unheard of in this region. Seriously. you couldn´t find more serious audiences in Siberia. Not last night, though.
Amazing.
Ok, laters.
MORE GORGEOUS THAN EDWARD?!??!?!
ReplyDeleteI WANT TO SEE. My mind may have exploded because that doesn't seem possible!!!!
p.s. I think you are all sorts of wonderful*. =D
* I say this in a very straight fashion. =P
ROFL I didnt know what you meant with the asterisk note..and even when i reread the ps...i just pictured you sitting straight up in your chair! ohh wow. hehe lol Jums the feeling is reciprocated..also in a very straight manner!
ReplyDeleteand yes.
it is possible.
he is like the epitomy of what I pictured Edward as while reading twilight...only I could never form an image really, now, I have my image, and it is better than I thought possible.
OMG. I´m going to go read it as soon as i get home! and then go dancing...I might explode.
lol. I re-read what I wrote and sat up in a straight fashion. Hehehehe. I NEED TO SEE THIS GUY. I think my head would explode though. It just can't be possible!
ReplyDeleteOh and I ate waaaaaay too much pizza. My cheeks fill like they are inflated. I hate that.
The weekend needs to come sooner.