Monday, April 20, 2009

2 week spring break...more like wallet break.

So for the last 2 weeks I have been travelling through Italy, just the northern(ish) half, and then Paris.

For a week and a half I lived off of (delicious) pizza, pasta, and gelato (icecream), then we moved on to Paris for 4 days and ate in an actual "French" restaurant once, before deciding that it was all too expensive (my omelette of probably 3 eggs + 2 ingredients (i chose mushrooms and swiss cheese) cost 10 freaking Euros. eff that.) and the Greek place down the street from our hotel was much, much more economical, and pretty damn delicious.

Well, I have stories to tell and the like. 2 friends and I travelled from Rome to Florence, then Pisa for a day (it makes a nice day trip ^_^) and then from Florence to Venice (we were there for Easter, and I got to go to mass at St. Marc´s Cathedral.. oh yea, and for Palm Sunday I got to see the Pope, along with 2 Brazilians that I met at our hostel. hehehe). From Venice we flew to Paris. It was amazing. I loved all the cities, although I am now pretty much broke, it was definitely worth it.

I will post pictures later (I am actually taking them off my camera as I type). The people I went with, though, sometimes it was annoying, they were lazy and didnt want to do anything when at times that seemed inopportune to me, and then rushed through things that they could have been a little more laid back about, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Pictures and stories to come.

...if only you had 0,05€ every time you heard that one! ahahaha...right. ciao!

ps. My Italian vocab/grammar knowledge is now practically non-existant. this is very, very sad and will have to be fixed immediately upon my return to the US.

-end transmission-

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Post! Yay food. Mmmmm. I had a nutella crepe this past weekend. IT WAS AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a half empty jar of nutella sitting in my wardrobe. hehehehe. i keep it there so i can sneak snacks without feeling like such a fatty... ...which is actually really ironic, because i´m pretty sure that makes me even more of a fat-ass. ahahahaha

    ReplyDelete