Saturday, January 17, 2009

¡Holaaaaa!

So I am still getting used to this keyboard...and I am convinced that the appostraphe (pardon any bad spelling because the spell check doesnt do English and...well Im pretty much too lazy to open a new window for dictionary.com.) button doesnt exist here. But then, why would it? Haha. oh well.

Let me start out with the airplane ride here. After a 5 hour wait at the airport, we boarded the plane. I was seated next to a very (overly) friendly Egyptian guy, I found out when he showed me his passport and then wanted to look at mine (which I proceded to NOT show him). For most of the 8 hour ride he kept wanting to talk to me, but obviously didnt speak my language and I dont speak a lick of Arabic or ..uh...whatever he was speaking. it sounded like Arabic, so we will go with that. Anyways, he asked a couple of times (by motioning...very awkwardly) if he could rest his pillow in my lap or on my shoulder so he could sleep. ... ... ... I said no. as politely as I could manage, as I was (attempting) to control my shock/initial horror. He also would keep changing my radio station to Indian music. Not that I dont like Indian music, I have heard some, and I am entertained by it...but it was MY radio where I had chosen the music that I wanted to listen to. And he also wanted me to watch things that interested him. Eventually I learned that if I just dont look to my left (in their direction...because he had friends), they would leave me alone.

There were a bunch of us on the plane in the same program, and we reached Frankfurt 2 hours late because our plane took off after a 2-hr delay. So we arrived about 20 minutes before our connection flight left. And 5 minutes too late. We literally got to where we were supposed to be the minute after our plane had left. Our guides, who had so kindly waited for us with a sign when we got off our first plane to guide us where we were supposed to go to catch the next flight were shocked that we had missed our flight.
Guide: "It looks like you just missed your flight."
Us: "UHHHHH...???"

We ended up having to catch the next flight that would leave in about4 hours. Once we got the tickets changed, they also gave us about 10 euros each to spend on food in the airport.

We arrived at 6 in Bilbao. The flight was great. A little windy, but turbulence but not bad. The scenery was great when there wasnt fog.

The surrounding area where I am is gorgeous.

I guess I will have to continue the story later...porqué ya es hora de cenar. ;) (it is dinnertime.) and then i am going out with my host sister and her friends!

Ciao-ciao!

4 comments:

  1. OMG. Stupid Egyptian guy. -_- Not only is he weird for wanting to sleep in YOUR LAP. Changing your radio station. WTF. Gross gross gross. At least he didn't make KFF at you. ^^

    It makes me wonder if people have actually agreed to him sleeping in their laps. WHO DOES THAT? WHO ASKS STRANGERS IF THEY ARE OK WITH THAT?

    Have fun tonight! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (this is Bre)

    I forgot about spanish keyboard!!!

    MISS YOU!!! I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! This lets my use my gmail account to comment!! The possibilities are endless now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL

    Bre: yea, I saw "Breanne said..." and then you commented that you also said your name and laughed.

    Jums: AAHHH I KNOW! hahaha. I would have run away if he made KFF at me. omg >.< now i must go take a shower ewwww.


    PS:

    I also forgot to mention...that..i am pretty sure he asked if i was pregnant. then I got all paranoid that I looked pregnant in the sweater i was wearing. Before he asked that, he went to the bathroom, and his friend was talking to me and asked if I was married or had any kids. ...REALLY?!?!

    ReplyDelete