I walked to the ocean the other night with my host mom and a friend of hers. ^_^ I want to go back during the day..maybe tomorrow or Friday. I don´t think I can express how happy I am that we live that close to the ocean that I can WALK there.
Tonight was the first night of taking ballroom dancing classes here. I´ve taken them at home before...and this is basically the same thing. hahaha. We learned the basic step and 1 extra little thing for the tango, did some Vienés (From Vienna) Waltz, Quickstep (I have no idea what that is, but it was fun too) and...the Cha Cha Cha. There were 5 women and 2 men...and one of the men was the instructor. The other man came with one of the women, so the other 2 women danced together, and the instructor alternated the leftovers (the other girl and myself). Overall it was definitely enjoyable so I payed to take lessons for the rest of the month. (they only let you pay a month at a time apparently)
Also, an important note that would have been FANTASTIC to have learned last Monday instead of this one: Do NOT smile at people in the street, on the metro...anywhere. unless you know them. Even if you make eye contact. Not even a little smile.
For probably the entire first week I was here I was sending non-verbal messages to old people and young people alike that:
1) I am laughing at them
2) I am smiling/laughing for no reason at all aka I am bananas/bonkers/nuts/crazy
3) I am flirting and think they are sexy
there might have been more that the teacher mentioned but it´s true..I´m used to smiling or kind of...I don´t know, half-smiling at people if I make eye contact (not ALL the time, of course, just sometimes. Especially if they are old, because old people often times look sad..and this sounds sooooo corny I kind of want to puke a little.) Anyways, I like to smile at people. A habit which I am currently, and have been all week, working on getting rid of. completely.
Sexy-time with old people is just gross.
And on that note, I´m going to read Twilight. again...only in SPANISH this time! dun dun dunnn. (btw, Edward is JUST as gorgeous as he was in English! teehee)
Laters.
Oh my god. Please please please buy me a copy of twilight in spanish. Ill pay you when you get back. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I miss spanish food now.
And most importantly HAVE YOU HAD YOUR FANTA LIMON YET???
Miss you.
lol at smiling at people.
ReplyDeleteJust letting you know that since Jums told me about this, I am now officially reading it. I've never felt the need to read anyone's blog before, so feel privileged. I'll be looking forward to reading about your adventures in Mexico (hehehe)
ReplyDeleteOh yea, also, you're going to have a hell of a time not looking like you're coming on to EVERYONE you meet
ReplyDeleteBre: ROFL ok, I will! and..yes. it was delicious, I had the fanta limón at a cafeteria along with a tortilla.
ReplyDeleteAaron: tortillas here in SPAIN are not like Mexican tortillas. they are omelettes. only way, way better somehow...
and if you give me your address (via email, which jums will provide for you) I can send you a postcard. :)
Jums and Aaron: yes, now I know why people...somewhat strange people, started being overly friendly (if you know what i mean), especially that one guy on the train, in Italy. whoops.
miss you all!